Mike Stubbs hosted our Mental Game Sports Podcast with Olympic Basketball Coach, Shawnee Harle from, "Winning Matters".
Shawnee is going to help us understand more of the psychology in coaching today. We have coaches that want to teach kids but when they become emotionally abusive instead of being constructive to young athletes' needs today, it ultimately makes them want to quit their sport or doubt themselves.
Thanks so much for being here today Shawnee. It’s great to have you here helping us on our mission to make sports fun for kids. The goal is to make sports better to support our athletes and coaches as they work their way up elite levels and in the process - to prevent mental health issues along the way as best we can.
Shawnee, Olympic Basketball Coach, in Rio. Found of, Winning Matters.
- She is one of the most highly certified coaches in Canada.
- She has 27 years of elite coaching and leadership experience including the Olympic Games, World Championships, FIBA Americas, and World University Games.
- Shawnee is a Chartered Professional Coach (ChPC) with the Coaching Association of Canada, and she holds a Master’s Degree in Coaching Studies. In addition, she is a Master Coach
- Developer and Master Learning Facilitator for the National Coaching Certification Program, where she trains and mentors both advanced and novice coachesfrom all sports.
- Since winning matters not only in sport but also in life, Shawnee works with leaders, managers, teachers, employees, students, and young adults to help them ignite the leader within. Her 1:1
- Leadership Coaching is changing lives and equipping people with a toolkit.